Sunday, February 19, 2006





Marshmallow Soup is the name of a one hit wonder band from the late sixties. Out of Ottawa, Canada, they hit it big in 1969 with the song "I Love Candy." I didn't know any of this way back in 1993 when I also named my Friday morning college radio show "The Marshmallow Soup." I just thought it sounded cool and was somewhat original (at least it did in 1993 at a somewhat provincial women's college in Western MA). Fast forward to 2006, and I'm searching for a good blog title. I've been feeling both old and nostalgic these days, so maybe it makes a certain amount of sense that I'm trying to return to my college days. Regardless of the pop psychology analysis, I've settled on the name. Marshmallow Soups. I've added the "S" as an ode to my maturity (and because the singular was already taken).

3 Comments:

Blogger Chrissa said...

Didn't know you had a college radio show. The things one learns through blogs!

11:12 AM  
Blogger marshmallow soup said...

so true!

5:05 PM  
Blogger leon barandiaran said...

you do know how i could get an I love Candy song copy. I heard it alive in the 60´s wen I was a kid in southamerica
Lima Perú
Thanks

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home