Thursday, March 09, 2006

Making T-shirts



Somewhere along the way I started making baby t-shirts and onesies for friends' babyshowers and general kid gifts. At one point I thought I might turn it into a mini-business (who knows, I still may), but for now, I'm sticking to leaving the business ideas behind and keeping it all a hobby.

I used to try and silk screen them all, but making multiple silk screening masters proved to be too tedious and difficult a job for such a small batch of t-shirts. As a result, I turned to the tried and true iron on t-shirt transfer.

Purchased at both big box stores likes Staples and Target as well as art supply stores, transfers come in various sizes and for either dark or light fabric. Even the relatively simple iron on transfer proved to be somewhat confusing for me, but I think I've finally got the hang of it now.

I tend to like to put simple but funny sayings on my shirts, e.g. "Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful" baby onesies or "Running is My Anti-Depressant" shirts for runner friends. I have some other ones in the works too, but I still may want to start that business someday, so I'll keep them under wraps for now!

2 Comments:

Blogger d said...

I can't wait for the "Coed naked blogging" shirts.

4:20 PM  
Blogger marshmallow soup said...

how did you know that was my next project? In baby onsie form of course.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home