Sunday, April 23, 2006

Ghost Stories


I've always been fascinated by ghost stories. I am particularly drawn to ones that involve tragedy and children. I was greatly influenced by a Sunday night Disney Special that aired when I was in elementary school, and whenever I hear of similar stories, I can't help but remember this one. I only remember bits and pieces of it, everytime it returns from the recesses of my memory, I can still feel the mystery and excitement that it evoked in me. I was obsessed. I still am it seems. These are the details that I can remember:

*It took place in New Orleans
*The ghost was girl named Inez who came from a rich and eccentric family
*Inez wore a white party dress and had curls in her hair that were accentuated by a large white bow
*She was responsible for solving her own murder. Only then could she rest in peace.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chrissa said...

Dude! I was obsessed with this story, too. Only I never knew there was a TV version of it - how I would have loved to see it! We need to track that down. Anyway, it is surely based on the book "The Ghost Belonged to Me," by Richard Peck. I was obsessed with the name Inez long after reading this book. There are a couple other books in the series that center on another character, Blossom Culp, but I didn't like those as much. Inez had that spooky ghostly glamour that poor Blossom (who was not dead) could never match.

Other spooky favorites from the young adult club: Haunted Mansion Mystery, Secret Lives (also had a New Orleans connection), Red Room Riddle. A couple of those were made into Saturday morning specials, too.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home