Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Driving along the water


I always thought people exaggerated a bit when they talked about how terrible Boston drivers are on the road. "Oh, it can't be that bad," I would say. It's the same pride that makes people like Dunkin' Donuts. It's something to unique and proud about Boston, but when it comes down to it, not that different from the coffee (or driving) in other cities.

Ha! Oh how wrong and what a young innocent was I. These days I spend an awful lot of time on one of the most dreaded stretches of Boston highway and road: Route 1A. Said plainly, it sucks. Drivers swerve in and out of lanes, cut you off with barely a wink or nod, and alternately slow and speed with no warning. And don't even get me started on the incredible number of untimed and slow red lights.

Worst of all, I find my behavior being influenced by my roadside neighbors.

I believe you now Boston. Fully and surely. Yes, we are horrible drivers. But I'm not quite ready to be proud of it. Give me time though. After a year of this, I just might be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home