Thursday, May 11, 2006

Umbrella Man Redux


For those keeping track, Umbrella Man was spotted with my very own eyes on the streets of Inman Square today. I was relieved to actually see him of course, but also sad that he was still in the same predicament. Interestingly, he has moved away from the ice cream store and now takes up residence outside one of our many local bars. I hope that isn't a bad sign.

This new sighting has rekindled my interest in him. Does he have a girlfriend? How does he handle all that rejection day after day as people pass him by on their way to lives, friends, and family members? Where does he go every night after he leaves my neighborhood? I'll probably never know, but I am in some ways glad he is back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chrissa said...

Which bar? I saw him shopping at Johnny's the other night, so we can't feel too bad for him.

9:59 PM  
Blogger KogeLiz said...

I know this was posted a million years ago, but I kept thinking about the "umbrella man" and found your blog entry when I did a search.

Just in case you still weren't aware, I don't believe this man is homeless from the information I've found.

this is the website for his newsletter:

http://geograflight.org/default.aspx

and here is his TagWorld page:
http://www.tagworld.com/soarxc

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home